HDPE Pipe & Fittings
HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) is costlier than PVC, but is significantly stronger and more durable. HDPE is heat-welded together using a specialized fusion machine, making it a seamless piping system. HDPE can be left on top of the ground without being affected by UV exposure. While HDPE itself is not impacted by UV rays, it does expand and contract with temperature. The movement of the pipe must be considered during installation.
HDPE is available in many sizes and pressure ratings, with basic fitting shapes available (Tees, Elbows, Adaptors). Once welded together, HDPE can only be disassembled by cutting sections apart. It is possible to install HDPE using grooved connectors which allow for easy disassembly.
WaterTec has what you need to create a leak-free, durable system.
HDPE industrial applications and advantages:
- Underground piping meets or exceeds operating temperatures and pressures
- Cooling Water Applications:
- HDPE pipe is an excellent insulator, with minimal heat transfer. Copper transfers heat 2700 times more than HDPE.
- HDPE does not become brittle at 32 deg. F
- HDPE does not leak, it is seamlessly fused
- HDPE does not corrode
- Fire Water
- Steam Condensate and Blow Down
- Raw Water
- Process Water
- Withstands freezing water better than traditional metal piping
- Systems maintain high fluid flow properties throughout their service life due to excellent chemical and abrasion resistance
- Pipe is available in coils through 6" for multiple applications
- Is weather resistant:
- Carbon black is added to HDPE to provide UV protection
- Frozen water will not crack or break HDPE pipe
- Is durable:
- Withstands fatigue and surges
- Safer due to operating pressure capabilities
- Butt fused joints eliminate need for thrust blocks
- Delivers long-term economy, value, and dependability